Sunday, April 9, 2017

Beach weekend

Our beach weekend was pretty fun! After we dropped Wilson off at the airport, the three amigos and I headed for Long Beach, WA. I picked it because it was a beach we hadn't been to in Washington and it was only three hours away. 


First stop? Beach! Where do we park? Beach!


Beach selfie... I finally made it in a picture!


These two think they're pretty good buds now that Wilson is gone.


Long Beach itself seems very.... long. There wasn't much rock or tide pool action though. We saw a truck doing donuts on the beach and Leo thought that was the coolest thing ever. He asked if we could do it in the van, so I made a few sharp turns at a very slow speed. He wasn't too impressed with what the Kia could do!


The town was basically one street and had some pretty weird stuff. Here is the largest frying pan in the world and Leo pretending to be a fried egg in it, LOL.



There were some crappy carnival rides that the boys thought were amazing. We had to come back the next night as well.



This is my new favorite picture of Archie. Framer for sure!


Here is the curiosity shop that you would LOVE. It was weird.


We stayed at the Breakers, which was pretty old, but remodeled on the inside. I picked it because it had a kitchenette. Here is the view from our deck. Leo wanted me to get him jumping...


The best part of the trip was Cape Disappointment state park. I finally updated our $30 parks pass so we entered legally. There were a couple lighthouses and some long and short hikes to do. The kids and I headed to Waikiki (yes, that's the name!) Beach and it was sooo beautiful.


Hard to capture it all, but the kids dug and played for hours. Would you believe that the water out there is not the ocean but the mouth of the Columbia. Lewis and Clark are big here.


Can you see the lighthouse in the distance? So cool.


My favorite pictures are always on the coast!


There was a ton of driftwood on the beach, but not one of those structures that we've seen before. Leo was so excited when I asked if he wanted to build one. It kinda sucked, but it was really fun gathering the wood and putting it together. I honestly wasn't sure if it would collapse when the kids got in or not - but it ended up still standing when we left, score!


This was the night that Ivy puked and the trip was over. The boys were pretty bummed to not get their cousin time in. I was just happy we had a full weekend before things got cut short. The weather was so great (well, still cold but just not rainy) and that always makes things better. Only thing missing was my two big guys! Next time - I think you will love it there just as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment