Sunday, October 23, 2016

Zoo and pumpkin carving

Weather.com told me the morning would be lovely and the afternoon kinda rainy, so we got going early this morning to go to the Point Defiance Zoo. This was a cute moment when I told the kids to get their socks on and come back downstairs. They didn't come back so I went looking for them and this is what I found... Wilson was reading to Archie and Leo was playing Yoda with Ivy. So sweet.


The weather at the zoo did turn out awesome - it was super sunny. Archie stole my sunglasses and when I asked him to pose for a picture in them this is what I got.


The zoo was kinda decorated for Halloween and each animal had pumpkins in their area. Can you see the tiger's pumpkin? The kids thought it was hilarious.


The boys found some coffins and they posed...



and posed...


The highlight of our time there was the animal talk. Wilson is so funny to sit next to at these things now. The anteater came out and I was like, Wow, Wilson did you notice how long his tongue is? He answers, Yep, 16 inches. A few seconds later, the zoo keeper tells the crowd their tongues are 16 inches long... 

 

This is what our kids did every time the keeper asked if there were any questions...


 And, finally, we hit up the cool park they have there.




When we got home, it was time to carve pumpkins! Wilson and Leo were very adamant about actually carving them this year, so I found some carving kits for them to use. Boy did they love them. Yep, that's a knife that Wilson's super proud of.



We also found some cute decorations for the littles. Archie picked the mummy and all the boys picked the cat for Ivy. 



Didn't they do a great job? They worked pretty hard and spent a couple hours on them. Leo's is a scary face with a bat mouth. Wilson chose an owl in front of the moon. I was super impressed and they honestly did about 90% of them on their own. I know pumpkin carving isn't exactly your favorite holiday tradition, but you were missed!


Hope your day off was fun, too. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment