Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Grandpa Max's visit

It was really great having my dad here for a week. They were fresh off their six week South Korea, China and Mongolia trip so they were a little groggy the first few days. Mom and Dad brought some fun souvenirs and we all watched the movie, Eagle Huntress, about a Mongolian girl who tames golden eagles. We loved it!

The first few days they were here, we kept it local and did parks and beaches close to home.


It got hot, so I started turning the sprinklers on after dinner every night.


We had a fun happy hour at the Boat Shed. Made me think you, of course.

 
  

Did I tell you we got a few blow up boats? The boys LOVE them. I was happy to have my dad here to help get them set up for their maiden voyage. Our first outing we took two boats about 10 minutes down the road to Kitsap Lake and rowed with me and Wilson in one and Dad and Leo in the other. There may or may not have been a little friendly competition getting back onto shore - - Dad smoked me.

Wilson and Leo (Wilson especially) really took to being on the water. They set out in the boats for an hour having fun and begged to go back every morning after.


We made it to Fort Worden since my parents had never been. The kids all had head flashlights and they had fun of course. On the beach, Leo and I decided to build one of our beach structures. You may remember our first attempt at Cape Disappointment? Anyway, we've improved and got this one up from nothing. We were so proud of our work!


We braved Seattle on a Saturday. It was hectic and fun. We hit all the major spots, Ivar's for lunch, Pike's Place, first Starbucks, etc... It was fun, but as you know from our previous trips there with the kids - local brews on the ferry home were necessary!


On my dad's last day, we took a trip to a lesser visited area of ONP. It's in the southwest part of the park and called the Staircase area. It is by the large Lake Cushman, and it is beautiful of course. The hike we chose was easy and fun and we had a great day.




 


Dad got back to Florida and reported 100 degrees with humidity and wished for our weather again. My mom and him have really been raving about the perfect weather this trip. I think they'll definitely be back next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment